A GUIDELINE FOR THE COLLABORATION BETWEEN ENTREPRENEUR-RESEARCHER
Based on this key finding and the learnings from Bridging the Gap project a guideline of 10 advice was generated to external entrepreneurs and researchers.
External entrepreneurs should:
- Align your expectations to the technology – we are co-developing a product, it’s not a product yet
- Understand that time is different at the University – make sure you understand each other’s expectations
- Remember that you are not a CEO (yet) but part of a co-founding team
- Be aware that there are no guarantees for a company at the end – we’re working with high tech
- Go get your hands dirty – be present in the labs
- Work to find the product-market fit
- Focus on creating the best team
- Be prepared to dedicate a lot of time (6 months) – for free
- Focus on the customer
- Enjoy the adventure!